BURN PERMITS WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE BEGINNING MONDAY, FEBRUARY 13, 2017. BURN PERIOD OPENS MARCH 1, 2017
For more burn permit information please contact:
The Paradise Fire Department @ 872-6264, option 1 (automated recording).
SPRING BURN PERIOD MARCH, APRIL & MAY
ALTERNATING EAST AND WEST OF CLARK RD.
WHO CAN BURN/HOW TO OBTAIN A PERMIT:
- Residential burning is permitted only with a valid burn permit.
Permits are available on-line at the following link: https://citizen.townofparadise.com/CitizenAccess/ or in person at the Paradise Fire Department located at 767 Birch St. Paradise, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to noon. ($24.64 cash or check)
- Burn permits are valid for the calendar year. The Town may offer a fall burn period of 4 weeks, conditions permitting at the discretion of the Fire Chief.
WHEN YOU CAN BURN:
- Only on days approved by the Butte County Air Quality Management District (BCAQMD). Prior to burning please call BCAQMD at 332-9407 for daily burn status, listen to option 2 for information specific to Paradise.
- March 1, 2016 through May 31, 2016: On permissive burn days approved by BCAQMD, residents may burn alternating East and West Zones. Residents East of Clark Rd. may burn the 1st through the 15th of the month; residents West of Clark Rd. may burn the 16th through the end of the month.
- 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. (fire and embers must be completely extinguished by 2:00 p.m.).
- All burning is suspended during Red Flag Warning.
ALTERNATIVES TO BURNING:
- For residents who prefer an alternative to burning you may contact Northern Recycling & Waste Services (530) 876-3340 and inquire about green waste cans. Residents who have an existing green waste container may be eligible for a second container free of charge.
REFER TO YOUR ANNUAL BURN PERMIT FOR ADDITIONAL RULES AND REGULATIONS