Town of Paradise

Encroachment Permits



Encroachment permits are for the purpose of regulating excavations and/or encroachments on, over or under a public right-of-way or public service easement. For most construction projects, detailed construction drawings are submitted along with the application and are checked for compliance with both Town of Paradise construction standards and generally acceptable engineering standards.

pdf Encroachment Permit Application (483 KB)

If you plan on doing work in the Town of Paradise that requires an encroachment permit, please consider the following information:


You must be a licensed contractor for the type of work you plan to do, or you must be the homeowner and not contracting or paying others to complete permitted work (repairs and flatwork behind the sidewalk area).


Licensed contractors shall carry general liability insurance of $1,000,000 minimum with an endorsement naming the Town, Town Officers, Employees and Agents as additional insured. The policy shall have a 30-day notice of cancellation and be on file at the town offices. Homeowners shall provide the Town with a copy of their homeowners insurance policy with liability limits of $300,000 minimum.

Security Requirements:

Contractors shall provide the Town with a surety bond or other approved security of $10,000 minimum. Homeowners are exempted from security requirements.

Plans and Specifications:

Plans and specifications willl be required of each applicant for the work to be competed under the approved permit.

Traffic Control Measures:

May be required and shall comply with Part 6 of theCalifornia Manual of Uniform Traffic Control Devices 2012.


Contact Information

Engineering Division

Town of Paradise

5555 Skyway

Paradise, CA 95969

(530) 872-6291

You are here: Home Encroachment Permits

Contact us

Town Hall

5555 Skyway

Paradise, CA 95969

(530) 872-6291 phone

(530) 877-5059 fax

Monday - Thursday

8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.